My vision and policies for the Second District are very clear and people-centered. I believe that “Together America Works!!!”
I am an innovator, job creator, and successful business owner. My company GTA Containers manufactures collapsible tanks that are used for fertilizer, salt brine on winter roads, clean drinking water in disaster areas, and by the US military to support our troops with fuel and water.
We must move beyond partisan politics. Those who disagree with us or belong to a different political party are not our enemies. They are our family, neighbors, and friends. Vilifying those with whom we disagree makes collaboration impossible.
As candidates, we are all held to the same ethical standards established by the FEC. I am 100% in compliance with these regulations and fully prepared to divest myself of my companies when elected, as required by law, to guarantee no conflict of interest.
From the beginning, my campaign has been focused on issues and firmly grounded in concrete policies.
I was the first candidate to advocate for Medicare for All – to assure excellent care for our seniors, our veterans, our children, and ALL Hoosiers.
I am the only candidate who is fighting for:
1. raising the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour, so that American workers can earn a living wage;
2. tying corporate tax cuts to employee wages and benefits — the higher the wages and the better the family-friendly benefits, the higher the tax cut they will earn;
3. decriminalizing marijuana and ending the failed war on drugs, including closing all for-profit prisons;
4. providing a path to citizenship for Dreamers AND their families, while also abolishing ICE, which has become a militarized force for implementing racist immigration policy;
5. We must get big money and its corrupting power out of American politics. We must restore our democracy to one that is truly OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people.
6. Keep net-neutrality
7. forgiving student loan debt without tax implications and end the government profiting of $1.6 billion a year off of students seeking to improve their lives through education.
– strengthen Social Security by removing the cap on taxable income to increase funding and end earning limits so retirees can supplement their income if they want to;
– end school vouchers that are siphoning resources from our public schools and recommit ourselves to investing in education – from pre-K through college or trade school;
– support the 2nd Amendment, but permanently ban military-grade assault rifles that have no place in civilian society; including bump stops and enhancer.
– am uniquely proposing that gun owners have to buy liability insurance, just like car insurance to lower the burden on tax payers for the cost of gun violence. Currently, approximate annual cost is $229 billion dollars and we the tax payer pays 87% of it.
– make tax cuts permanent for low and middle-class Americans and small businesses;
– end fossil fuel subsidies and use those resources to invest in green energy to protect our environment;
-strengthen voting rights so that every vote counts as our Founders intended.
We can create a more just and inclusive world by working together to assure that every member of our community is valued and served.
I want to make the 2nd District the best for everyone by being your listening ear, fight for issues that matter to us most, and work across the aisle to collaborate and find solutions that benefit the Second District and our Nation.
We must repeal and replace Jackie Walorski! Together America Works!!!
I am asking for your vote on May 8th.